Carrick Rovers A.F.C.

'In the Community, For the Community'

Our Sponsors

  • image
  • image
  • image

Coming Up

No events

This Week's Aletto

Valley Lodge,  25th March

Letters: A S I L

Winner: Alison Deery Ward, 18 ONeill St, Carrickmacross 

Jackpot: Euro 2,300

Next week: Deery's

Jackpot: Euro 1,000


11's win at home

Carrick Rovers 4-2 Ballyhaise

On Sunday 17th November the 11s entertained unbeaten Ballyhaise in the rain on the Ballybay road. The game kicked off at 11 with the Rovers starting very positive putting the Ballyhaise youngsters under pressure early on. Rovers missed a few chances early on, but in the 10th minute Cormac's blocked shot broke to Zach who finished well giving the goalkeeper no chance to put the Rovers 1 up. Ballyhaise got the game going again and it wasn't long until the Rovers had their opponent's pinned back in their own half again. The Rovers midfield of Cormac, Nathan, Flynn and Niall were on top now and in the 14th minute the Rovers made it 2-0 when Nathan found some space and let fly from distance to double the Rovers lead.

This seemed to kick start Ballyhaise who were now testing the Rovers defence where Mark, Conor and Andrew were doing a good job in protecting Luke. Ballyhaise were on top now and starting to find space and in the 18th minute were back in the match with a well hit shot giving Luke no chance. Ballyhaise were looking dangerous now and it could have been all square when they clipped the bar. Dylan and Keith were in the match now and Rovers started to get on top again and Ballyhaise were the happier team to hear the half time whistle. Rovers were dealt a blow right on half time when Dylan injured his arm to end his participation in the game.

Half time: Carrick Rovers 2-1 Ballyhaise
The second half kicked off with Rovers picking up where they left off. Pavel and Conor were now pushing the Rovers forward and 10 minutes into the half Flynn made it 3-1 when he ran at the Ballyhaise defence and finished well. Rovers were well on top and really should have scored again. Nyle and Cathal were in the match now and Rovers continued to miss chances. With 8 minutes to play Ballyhaise hit the Rovers on the break to make it 3-2 and set up a tense finish to the match. Rovers pressed again with Flynn running at the Ballyhaise defence and he finished well for his second of the match with 3 minutes left on the clock. The Rovers held out for a well deserved victory in difficult conditions.
Final score: Carrick Rovers 4-2 Ballyhaise
Team:Luke Mc Sharry, Mark Callan, Conor Cassidy, Andrew Mc Elroy, Cormac Alfred, Nathan Mc Nally, Flynn Holland, Niall O Sullivan, Zach Donnelly, Dylan Mc Mahon, Keith Farnan, Pavel Maksimisens, Conor Martin, Nyle Carolan, Cathal Maher

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.

Site Update by KMA Solutions